When your garage door won’t open, garage door won’t close
Sometimes your garage door can be frustrating when they go on the fritz, while the garage door openers are great working. In that worst situation, replacing the remote’s batteries don’t work at all but since that didn’t solve the problem, it only makes sense to troubleshoot some other common issues that could be preventing the door from opening.
Frequently troubleshooting guide
Find the problem when your garage door won’t open or garage door won’t close.
- Make sure the opener is plugged in.
- Check the circuit breaker that powers the opener.
- Check to see if the trolley has been disconnected.
- If you suspect the problem is in the remote, try resetting it.
- Clean the photo-eye.
- Adjust the opener’s pulling force.
- The door might be off the track.
- A torsion spring has broken.
Consult a pro like A Quality Garage Door
If the above remedies didn’t fix the door, it’s time to call A Quality Garage Door repairman who will be able to diagnose your problem faster and handle it more safely. Give us a call at (888) 623-6677 and we’ll help you to identify the problem with upfront pricing so you know what to expect and what garage door service you are paying for.